Traditional panzanella, with crusty bread, ripe tomatoes, and summery Italian flavors, is hard to beat. When I see it on a menu, my choice is made (if it’s the season for it!). However, I recently set out to tweak the traditional a bit. The resulting Peach Panzanella turned out to be exactly what I had in mind.
- 3 ears of corn, roasted and kernels cut off (or 4 cups of frozen corn, thawed)
- 2 cups grape tomatoes, halved
- 3 peaches, pitted and cubed
- About half a loaf of ciabatta bread, cubed and toasted
- 1 cup crumbled feta cheese
- ½ cup fresh basil, thinly sliced
- 3 Tbsp peach jam
- 4 Tbsp balsamic vinegar
- ½ cup olive oil
- Salt and pepper, to taste
1. Toss together all salad ingredients.
2. Whisk together dressing ingredients in a small bowl and drizzle over salad.
3. Toss until well combined and serve immediately.