I decided that today I’m going to share a few things that have made me smile lately…because I have Irish eyes and they really ought to be smilin’ today!
Two things make me smile about this photo:
1. Daffodils are my favorite, and they’re around for such a short time…but I found these at the grocery store Wednesday, and they’re still gorgeous today!
2. The scrollwork on the back of this secretary desk just had to be repaired…from our move last summer, when the dunderheads snapped off the whole rounded part of the middle, splintering the scrollwork. The guy who repaired it carved matching pieces by hand. Pretty amazing, right? It gives me hope for my grandmother’s buffet that the same company is carving a replacement claw foot for right now. Of course, this damage all happened 8 months ago and we’re just now getting things settled and repaired..but on with the happiness!
3. The middle hooligan is making his First Holy Communion in May. Last week, his class led the Stations of the Cross, and he ended up being one of the readers. With no prep at all, he spoke clearly in to the mic, while reading some pretty difficult (sometimes even for the adults) text…yay for him and his self-confidence!
4. Watching the oldest hooligan construct his science fair project…comparing pulley systems. It’s great to see him get involved in something other than Legos or Minecraft. Of course, I’m sure getting to use power tools helped!
5. Princess Thundercloud had building a leprechaun trap as a homework assignment…you gotta love that teacher! The pesky leprechaun was in their classroom every night last week, creating havoc and building their anticipation. She could not wait to get to school today to see what he’d done…and to share the hijinks our leprechaun perpetrated last night!
6. And one last thing…I’m a two and a half months in my 6 month college term, and I’ve completed 12 hours…woohoo! I’m trying to finish 9 more hours by the end of May, so I can spend June on end-of-school stuff for the hooligans and helping the hubs transition out of the Army (he’s retiring after 25 years!). I was really nervous about being back in school after so long (also 25 years), but look forward to my study time every day…so far!
So there’s my happy bragging out of the way for awhile…now I’m going to go pop the Irish soda bread in the oven and get the corned beef and cabbage in the crockpot. Hope you day is filled with the luck o’the Irish (or at least some of their beverages!)!