Yes, it’s not Thanksgiving yet, but I have been craving Christmas cookies…probably because of that Cookie Exchange invite I posted last week. So I’ve rounded up fifteen of our favorites, whether for a cookie swap or just for us to bake and enjoy…or, of course, to package up some great gifts. Some of our friends and neighbors have already dropped not-so-subtle hints as to their choices, which I love because I don’t have to guess which cookies they like best!
Many of these can be made ahead and frozen, so you can have an assortment on hand. The frosted ones can be baked then frozen, saving the decorating for the day you need them, and the meringues, of course, can’t be frozen…but they will keep for a couple of weeks if stored in an airtight container as soon as they are cool after baking.
It’s so hard to choose a favorite at Christmas time…do you have one (or a dozen?)?
1. Amaretti from MyRecipes.com
2. Espresso Crinkles from Cooking Light magazine
3. Chocolate Cherry Meringues from Allrecipes.com
6. Holiday Biscotti with Pistachios and Cranberries from Epicurious.com
10. Eggnog Frosted Cookies from Better Homes and Gardens
11. Raspberry Almond Shortbread Thumbprints from Landolakes.com
14. Red and White Vanilla Pinwheels from KingArthurFlour.com
15. Lucky Pennies from Spoonful.com