This recipe remains one of our favorite because it’s quick and the chicken can be grilled outside or inside on a grill pan, so it works anytime, rain or shine. The fact that it gets a lot of vegetables into the family is a bonus, one I appreciate!
Chicken with Edamame Succotash
4 thin-sliced chicken breasts (or two regular, cut in half horizontally)
1/4 cup soy sauce
2 Tbsp brown sugar
2 Tbsp lime juice
2 Tbsp balsamic vinegar
2 tsp Montreal Steak seasoning
2 Tbsp olive oil
2 cups frozen edamame, shelled
2 cups frozen corn kernels
2 cups diced zucchini
2 Tbsp olive oil
2 tsp Italian seasoning
Salt and pepper to taste
2 Tomatoes, sliced into wedges
1 avocado, peeled and thinly sliced
1/2 cup feta or goat cheese, crumbled
1. In quart size ziptop bag, mix marinade ingredients and add chicken. Let it marinate for half an hour or so. Don’t marinate longer than an hour, or it will be too salty.
2. In large saute pan with a lid, heat olive oil over medium heat. Add vegetables and Italian seasoning, cover, and let cook for about 8 minutes, then remove lid and let it crisp up a bit, 3 or 4 minutes longer.
3. While vegetables are cooking, heat a grill or grill pan until very hot. Grill chicken for about 4 minutes per side, until cooked through.
4. To serve, slice chicken across the grain. Top succotash with avocados and feta or goat cheese. Salt and pepper tomato wedges and serve alongside.
And our menu for the week:
- Monday: Grilled Chicken with Edamame Succotash
- Tuesday: Vegetable Fried Rice with Chicken Wontons (from Costco)
- Wednesday: Tomato Soup and Grilled Cheese Sandwiches
- Thursday: Spaghetti and Meatballs with Chopped Vegetable Salad
- Friday: Huevos Rancheros and Fruit Salad