Last weekend, we had no sweets in the house. I may have to fire whoever does our shopping and baking. Oh, wait, that’s me. So I poked around in the pantry and found some ingredients that I thought would play well together. And they did, happily ever after…until we devoured them.
I’m sure you’ve made Rice Krispy treats before, but I kicked up the flavors a notch or three with some simple additions.
White Chocolate-Peanut Butter-Cranberry Krispy Treats
10 oz mini marshmallows
4 Tbsp butter
2/3 cup white chocolate chips
2/3 cup peanut butter chips
8 cups Rice Krispy cereal
1 cup marshmallow cream
2/3 cup dried cranberries
1. Line a 9×13 pan with foil, then spray with cooking spray.
2. Melt butter in a large saucepan over medium-high heat, until it browns slightly.
3. Stir in marshmallows until melted, then add white chocolate chips and peanut butter chips. After the chips are melted, remove from heat and stir in marshmallow cream.
4. Stir in cereal and cranberries until well blended.
5. Pour into prepared pan and press firmly. Spraying your hands with cooking spray is a big help for pressing it down.