Our move is rapidly approaching, so we’re continuing to clean out the pantry, freezer, and frig as much as possible. I’m pretty sure this week’s menu reflects that!
- Monday: Drip Beef Sandwiches with Gorgonzola Wedge Salad
- Tuesday: Grilled Salmon with Corn on the Cob and Watermelon
- Wednesday: Crockpot Lasagna with Tomato-Cucumber Salad
- Thursday: Cheese Tortellini (the refrigerated kind) with Dave’s Gourmet Butternut Sauce and Fresh Veggies
- Friday: Hashbrown Pie, Scones (from a King Arthur mix), and Fruit Salad
This family recipe for Drip Beef satisfies the heartiest appetite as a sandwich, but we also love serving it at parties on sliders, with some horseradish sour cream and chopped chives. And did I mention it cooks in the slowcooker, so it’s perfect for hot summer days, as well as a comforting winter meal? Yep, it’s a keeper, all right.
- 1 Tbsp oregano
- 1 Tbsp crushed rosemary
- 1 Tbsp garlic powder
- 1 Tbsp seasoning salt
- 1 bay leaf
- 2 Tbsp salt
- 1 Tbsp ground black pepper
- 4 lb roast (the cheaper, the better)
Place roast in crock pot and add all seasonings. Add water to nearly cover. Cook on high 4-6 hours or low for 8-10 hours. You can also cook on the stovetop in a Dutch oven. Bring it to a boil, then reduce heat and simmer 6-8 hours.
Let cool slightly, then shred meat using two forks.
Serve on crusty rolls with horseradish mixed with sour cream and green onions. Serve a dish of juice for dipping if desired.
Wedge Salad with Chunky Gorgonzola Dressing
- 1 head of iceberg lettuce
- ½ cup plain yogurt (nonfat or Greek nonfat)
- ¼ cup cottage cheese
- ¼ cup mayonnaise
- ¾ cup crumbled Gorgonzola, divided
- Sliced green onions
- Crumbled bacon
- Diced tomatoes
To make dressing: In blender, combine yogurt, cottage cheese, mayo, and ¼ cup Gorgonzola. Blend until almost smooth. Stir in remaining Gorgonzola.
For salad: Remove outer leaves from lettuce head. Cut into 6 wedges. Place on plate and top with dressing, then onions, bacon, and tomatoes.