Mmm-hmm, I said dessert nachos. These have quickly become a family favorite (and a favorite for me to make, since they’re so quick)…once I finally made them. It’s a recipe I first made back when I was a personal chef, a long, long time ago.
Strawberry Dessert Nachos
- 3 cups sliced strawberries
- 1/4 cup sugar (or more, depending on how sweet your berries are)
- 2 Tbsp almond or vanilla syrup (or amaretto if you’re making them for adults)
- 6- 8” flour tortillas
- 2 Tbsp sugar
- 1/2 tsp cinnamon
- Butter cooking spray
- 1 cup vanilla yogurt (Greek or regular)
- 1/4 cup chocolate sauce
1. Preheat oven to 350 for the chips.
2. Mix the sliced berries with the 1/3 cup sugar and syrup and refrigerate for 30 minutes (or longer).
3. Cut the tortillas into 8 wedges each. Stack and cut with a large knife for the easiest method. Place on a baking sheet, spray with cooking spray, and sprinkle with 2 Tbsp sugar and 1/2 tsp cinnamon. Bake at 350 for 8 minutes, until lightly browned and crisp. Remove from oven and let cool.
4. Just before serving, place 8 chips in a starburst pattern on your plate and top with sliced strawberries. Dollop a generous 2 Tbsp yogurt in the center, then drizzle with chocolate sauce.
Simple, aren’t they? I have seen cinnamon sugar tortilla chips at the grocery store, so you can use those instead and have very little “cooking” to do….just assemble and enjoy!