Have I mentioned lately how much I love my Big Shot die cut machine? It’s low-tech, but I really prefer it to my Silhouette, for most projects. For me, it’s much easier to just cut a die manually than it is to design or download a digital die. Especially when my internet works intermittently or I have to stay off the computer because we’re having thunderstorms all day long. Not that life here in Wisconsin isn’t peachy keen most days!
Anyway, I came up with this simple project to give as a Mother’s Day gift. It took mere minutes to put together, and is a fun, easy-to-mail little album.
You’ll need just a few supplies:
- Patterned paper
- Cardstock for the pages
- Chipboard for the covers (I use the back piece from a Designer Paper Set)
- A piece of overhead transparency
- A binder ring
- Some ribbon to tie on the ring
- A sentiment (I just created mine in Word and printed it on Blushing Bride cardstock)
- A diecut machine and large shaped die (I used the Top Note Die)
Now, if you don’t have a die-cut machine, you could just trace a pattern and cut each one out by hand. That’s not as much fun, but definitely easier on your budget! I’m trying to actually use the tools I’ve invested in over the years and refrain from buying new, high tech ones, so I liked using the Big Shot. And, I made the whole album in less than 15 minutes, once I decided on which of my hoarded papers I could part with and use.
But let’s get on with the project.
Cut out the following:
1. From the patterned paper, chipboard, and transparency, cut 2 each for the front and back covers.
2. From your cardstock (I used Crumb Cake), cut as many as you want to have photos. I only did six, for a total of 12 photos, front and back.
3. Cut each photo using the die. Attach to the cardstock diecuts to make the pages.
4. When finished, stack and punch a hole in one corner. Use the binder ring to fasten it all together, and embellish with a few ribbons.
5. Add your sentiment to the front cover.
There you have it…a heartfelt and handcrafted gift, which you can customize for any occasion.