I’m sure you know a mom or forty to whom this applies …I certainly have days like that!
And I was thinking, “What a fabulous gift it would be…dropping off muffins to a friend with this poem tucked inside.” You know I’m right…wouldn’t it thrill you to open your door and find a friend bearing muffins?
These Cinnamon Raspberry Muffins rank among our current favorites…and they’re tasty warm or at room temperature, so perfect for delivering!
Cinnamon Raspberry Muffins
(from Cooking Light magazine)
- 1-1/2 cups all-purpose flour
- ½ cup sugar
- 1 Tbsp baking powder
- 1 tsp ground cinnamon (I also use Penzeys Baking Spices sometimes instead)
- ¼ tsp salt
- 2/3 cup buttermilk
- ¼ cup butter, melted
- 1 egg, slightly beaten
- ¼ cup seedless raspberry jam
- 1 Tbsp sugar
- ¼ tsp cinnamon
1. Preheat oven to 400 degrees. Spray a 12-cup muffin tin with cooking spray.
2. Combine flour, ½ cup sugar, baking powder, cinnamon, and salt in mixing bowl and whisk to blend. Make a well in the center of the dry ingredients, and add buttermilk, egg, and butter. Stir just until moist; batter will be slightly lumpy.
3. Spoon about a tablespoon of batter into each muffin cup. Spoon 1 teaspoon jam on top of it, but don’t spread it onto the batter. Top with remaining batter.
4. Combine 1 tablespoon sugar and ¼ teaspoon cinnamon and sprinkle on top of the muffins. Bake at 400 for 20 minutes, or until top springs back when pressed. Remove from muffin tins immediately (I turn mine out onto a dishtowel).
I hope you find time for a muffin with your (hot) coffee today!