Here’s a confession…I do not enjoy making “puppy chow” recipes. I cannot get the pieces of cereal evenly coated with the gooey yumminess without having fingers that smell like peanut butter for days. Happily, my middle hooligan loves to help me in the kitchen, and he has no qualms about messiness. Of course.
Merry Munch Snack Mix
1-1/2 cups powdered sugar
8 cups rice Chex
1 cup white chocolate chips
½ cup peanut butter
4 Tbsp butter, cut in cubes
¼ tsp vanilla
1-1/2 cups cashews
1-1/3 cups dried cherries or cranberries
1. Place powdered sugar in a large ziptop bag. Measure cereal into large bowl.
2. In medium saucepan, melt butter, chocolate, and peanut butter until smooth. Stir in vanilla.
3. Pour over cereal and toss to coat.
4. Place half the coated cereal at a time into the powdered sugar, seal, and shake until evenly coated.
5. Repeat with remaining cereal.
6. Add cashews and dried cherries or cranberries, and enjoy!