This thanks card is designed especially for you, Kathy, using some of my favorite DSP (Beyond the Garden) which is retiring at the end of the month (and on sale). And you know how I hoard my favorites!
Here’s another version, without the embossing and edge cutting, that I made for a young friend of ours. I made these on notecards rather than a standard 4-1/4” x 5-1/2” card, so he wouldn’t need to write as much. He’s only eight, after all!
This super cute and cheerful DSP, Big Top Birthday, is also retiring. Remember, once the retired accessories are sold out, they’re gone. (Just a friendly, enabling reminder!)
Now, what’s a Liebster, you might ask? As she explains (and her hubs is from Austria, so I think she knows):
The origins of the Liebster Blog Award are somewhat unclear, but the general consensus is that it originated in Germany. Liebster, means favorite or dearest, and the Liebster Award is designed to showcase bloggers with fewer than 200 followers. Upon accepting the award, the recipient must pass it on to five more blogs of note.
So after, much consideration (and the required research while reading all my favorite blogs) here are my top 5:
1) Veronica at MorningNooNight…she makes such yummy treats!
2) My friend-who-wishes-to-be-unnamed at The Small Soldiers,,,she makes me laugh with her observations on this crazy Army life we lead!
3) Sarah at From Freezer to Table
4) Chrissy at The Taylor House
5) Jen at I’m Crafty
Okay winners, here’s what you need to do.
1. Thank your Liebster Blog Award presenter on your blog.
2. Link back to the blogger who presented the award to you.
3. Copy and past the blog award on your blog.
4. Present the Liebster Blog Award to 5 blogs of 200 followers or less who you feel deserve recognition.
5. Let them know they have been chosen by leaving a comment at their blog.
Thanks again, Kathy! Funny backstory on our friendship to share: We were next door neighbors for a little over a year in Washington. We smiled and waved, but never really chatted. When we were prepping our house to move out and turn it over to renters for a couple of years (until we can move back there), we really met Kathy and her Mr. Wonderful. And she’s named him correctly, by the way. He’s as handy as a pocket on a shirt (as my mom says) and one of the nicest guys we’ve ever met.
Kathy was also instrumental in my actually starting to blog. She emailed to let me know Operation Write Home was hosting a hop last fall and wanted me to hop on in. I wasn’t quite ready, but it did give me a (gentle) shove into blogdom. So I actually owe her more than one thank you card!
I’m so sorry that we wasted that year in ignorance…who knew an amazing crafter was living right next door, as well as a funny and charming friend? Just one more reason that I can’t wait to move back!